Located under the mural near the main entrance, the Zenker Wellness Suite (Sumers Room 303) is the health promotion hub for the Habif Health and Wellness Center on the South 40. The Wellness Suite is a bright, serene space featuring health promotion resources and programming on key topics for undergraduate and graduate students.
The Wellness Suite is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday when school is in session (9 a.m. to 3 p.m. during breaks). The Wellness suite is closed whenever the Sumers Recreation Center is closed. Stop by for free chocolate milk after you work out and ask our friendly staff any questions, or read below to learn more about our programming and resources, all of which are free and open to WashU students.
Mental Health Mondays
- Consultation with mental health promotion expert.
- The Let's Talk Program (quick, confidential, cost-free sessions with mental health counselors).
- Mindfulness skills training.
Handouts and apps related to sleep, stress, anxiety, depression, procrastination, and other mental health topics are available whenever the Wellness Suite is open.
Healthy recipes are available in addition to handouts and apps containing information about healthy body image and disordered eating whenever the Wellness Suite is open. Additionally, WashU Rec partners with Campus Dining Services to sponsor cooking classes and other nutrition programming throughout the academic year.
- Complimentary fitness consultations with a BearFit trainer.
- Resources available on healthy body image.
- Complimentary access to a small group training class with a BearFit trainer.
- Information about exercise and stress.
- Resources on healthy body image.
Handouts and apps about healthy body image and overexercise are available whenever the Wellness Suite is open.
Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Consultation with substance abuse expert.
- Resources on alcohol and athletic performance.
- Info about prescription drug abuse and disposal.
- Information about the WashU Recovery Group and e-CHUG.
Handouts and apps about alcohol and drug abuse and risk reduction are available whenever the Wellness Suite is open.
- Consultation with sexual health expert.
- Free safer sex supplies and pregnancy tests.
- Info on contraception options.
- Resources on STI risk reduction and STI screening.
Free safer sex supplies and Bedsider giveaways as well as handouts and apps with information about contraception and STI risk reduction/screening are available whenever the Wellness Suite is open.
Info about primary care and mental health services available at the Habif Health and Wellness Center and how to make an appointment for care (habif.wustl.edu), plus basic self-care tips, the difference between a cold and the flu, etc.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions for or questions about Habif, the Wellness Suite, the Peer Health Education (PHE) program or Stressbusters.